Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Status Update....

Well, things are definitely moving forward whether I'm ready for them to or not. I'm moving into my "new" place this weekend. I know I sound like such a brat and I'm really not trying to be, but I've never lived in a place with a # before. (like an apt.) It'll be something new to have neighbors like right there on either side of me but maybe it'll be good. I know one thing for sure, things can only go up from here. Some days are better than others and the last couple have been particularly hard because we had to sit down with our kids and talk to them about what's going on. Thank goodness Brooklyn doesn't really understand. Libbie and Corbin are troopers and such great kids and I have every faith that they'll be fine and that we'll all pull together to make sure of it, but just seeing your kids sad and knowing that you caused it really stops you in your tracks a bit. I also just want to say how extremely grateful I am to have such wonderful friends. Everyone has been so supportive even though I've been so out of touch the last few years. If that's the positive thing I get from this experience then that's good enough for me. I'm so glad to have reconnected with old friends and that I've come to understand that it's okay to need people sometimes. I am so rambling on, but I get teary-eyed every time I think about this stuff so thanks for bearing with me. I'll keep y'all posted and thanks again for all your love, & support. :)

4 comments:

Nina Miles said...

Hey Becky-Do you need help moving this weekend? Let me know cause I can totally come up and help! Where is your apartment? Hope you and the kids are doing okay. Love ya!

Tiffanie said...

I am so glad you are moving closer! Please let me know if you need anything!

Katie said...

Hey chica! I know when I rented a duplex in I loved having neighbors on the side of me. I had never lived totally alone before, and it made me feel safer knowing someone could hear me if they had to : ) It is a little adjustment at first, but you'll really learn to love your time to gather yourself. Your kids seem really strong and it is better for them to see both Mommy and Daddy happy. We are here for you girl. So pick up the phone and holler if you need a thing! xoxox p.s. even if it's a 3 in the morning!!!

Tyson and Lori Maxfield said...

OH BECKY, I AM SO SORRY THAT THIS IS HAPPENING, HAVING GONE THRU A DIVORCE I WOULDNT WISH IT ON ANYONE. I AM HEAR FOR YOU IF YOU EVER NEED ANYTHING, EVEN IF YOU JUST NEED TO VENT TO SOMEONE ABOUT THINGS THAT ARE GOING ON. I KNOW I AM A LITTLE FAR AWAY, BUT YOU ARE WELCOME AT MY HOUSE ANYTIME YOU NEED A BREAK. I LOVE YA LOTS AND I AM SO SORRY THAT YOU HAVE TO GO THRU THIS. YOU ARE A STRONG PERSON AND YOU WILL GET THRU THIS. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING. LOVE YA LORI