Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to School, Back to School! To Prove to My Dad That I'm Not a Fool!






Some of you might not get my super subtle Billy Madison reference, but oh well! So YEAH!!! School has officially begun! Here are just a few pics of the kids on their first day and totally sporting their new backpacks! (Well Libbie will correct you if you call it a backpack, it's not it is a BOOK BAG people!!!) She's a bit too fashion savvy for a 2nd grader if you ask me, but at least she cares and wants to look good right? But even though she's a little 'princess' she is the sweetest little thing. When I picked her up after school I asked how her 1st day was and if she had so much fun eating lunch with Maddie and Zoey (her bff's) and she told me that she didn't eat with them because there is a girl in her class named Aubrey that was home-schooled all but the last month of school last year and she doesn't know alot of kids so she ate lunch with her so she wouldn't be alone. I started tearing up half-way through the story and she finished by telling me that she took her over to her friends when they got done eating and introduced them so they could all play together and she'd make more friends! I thought that was a pretty grown up thing for a 2nd grader to think of doing. I don't know how we did it, but Trent and I managed to raise someone who is nicer than we probably would have been at that stage in life. Way to go Beans!
Corbin's a story all his own! His first day of Kindergarten was so fun! We made a family tree and had to color and cut out apples to glue onto the tree and we had 1 leftover apple so he decided to color it black and make it a rotten apple to hang on our fridge for the rest of the week. Then he got to go out and play while the teacher talked to us parents. Well one of the kids got stung by a bee and had to go to the office to get some ice and I was asking Corbin about it after and he says to me "Ya mom, that's totally gotta suck to get stung by a bee on your first day of kindergarten!" I was laughing so hard and I said ya you've already had one kid get stung in your class already huh? And his answer was, "Well actually mom, there were 2 cuz I'm pretty sure I got stung too, I'm just so tough I didn't feel it!" What a boy, trying to act all tough, when really he'd have been screaming like he'd been shot if he'd been stung! They learn early don't they!!
Well, I'm sure I'll post things more often now that school's back in and I have a bit more time to myself!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

First of all, Joe & I love the title of this...we knew where it was from right away. I can't believe how old your kids look! And I love the stories that you told. Libbie is so sweet. (My sister was that way and she still has a girl bring her a Christmas present every year for being her friend, and they are 40!!)