Thursday, August 21, 2008

F.Y.I...

Okay, I had my first (and hopefully last) encounter with Poison Control today. I was having a bit of the heart burn and I got a Zantac pill out and needed a glass of water to take it with. I set it down clearly out of reach... or so I thought. In the time it took me to turn around, get a glass and fill it with water, Brooklyn had already climbed up on the chair, then the counter (which is safe in and of itself, right?) and grabbed the pill and chewed it up. I was pretty sure I got most of it out with rinsing and digging through her mouth, but just to be safe, I called the Poison Control hotline. It took me a minute to get the number and dial so I now have it programed in all of our phones and posted on the fridge and various places one might look to find such a number! Here's the number in case anyone doesn't have it: 800-222-1222. It's toll free and automatically connects you with the nearest center for help. It really is a good thing to have programmed into your phones.
Ps. I really am not a bad mom, I just struggle with the common sense obviously!

1 comment:

Mande Browning said...

Becky, It's Mand'e O. From FHS. Listen, I can totally sympathize with this post. On Saturday, I was watching Katie and Jared's girls and one second they are playing on the rocking horses in Gracie's room, the next, Abby has fed Gracie "three" stool softener pills. I'm pretty sure that Abby ate some pills too. Jared called Poison Control just to be safe, but now they are in the database, which means CPS will be knock-knock-knocking on their door on a regular basis. (jk) Babysitter of the year!!!