Tuesday, August 12, 2008

An Ode to the Olympics!

Well really there is nothing that I can think of that I Don't love about the Olympics, but there are some things that stand out more as my favs! What, you ask, well I'll tell you!!
1. Michael Phelps: He is, for lack of anything else to say, AMAZING! He is so exciting to watch and just seems like an all around "great guy" and on a side note, Trent gave me "permission" if he ever comes a knockin!! (ya, cuz that'll soooo happen!)
2. The men's gymnastics team: I love a good under dog, and when Paul and Morgan Hamm got injured and everyone counted team USA out of medal contention all together, they put their heads down and went to work and had an awesome event and won the bronze. By the way they were smiling though you'd have thought they won the gold!
3. I love it when you are watching something that you think is "just a race" but then by chance, something happens and you end up watching something that will surely go down in history as one of the most amazing finishes you'll ever see in your life! And to top it off, the raw and pure excitement that comes to the winners and to see it all unfold live! (you know who I'm talking about mens' 4 x 100 relay!)
4. I pretty much will watch anything when it comes to the Olympics because I love them so much and always have, but I'll even watch stuff I normally find boring, because you have to give it up to these athletes! They work and train and sacrifice so much to even get a small shot of being on the team and they don't get paid for their sport (usually, unless you're men's basketball, then whatever dude!) I just think that for all they put in to it, we owe them the courtesy of watching them fulfill their dream of winning gold for themselves and our country for 2 short weeks! Wow, I am deep!
There are so many more things I love about these games, but those are a few that stand out right now.
PS. Though I do love Michael Phelps, I must say I love the rest of the US Swim Team as well! The girls are rockin and the other guys are great too! And I can't wait for Track and Field to start!

1 comment:

ROBYN -N- KEVIN said...

sorry sista, Phelps is spoken for. But if you ask nicely I would loan out Piersol for a little while. And in my opinion, basketball is NOT an olympic sport. I mean how do they train for it besides their regular practice? Come on, I only like to watch REAL athletes, not hoho bryant