Monday, August 11, 2008

Long Time No Blog!!

So it's been like forever and a day since I updated everyone on what's going on, so you may want to go get a snack and take a potty break cuz this might be a long one!! We are all back safely from Island Park! (Even Rosario managed to make it home in tact, right Jason!!!) We had such an amazingly fun time up there especially considering Trent and Mike weren't there. Neither was Shawn because he's rounding out the mission and will be home in late January! We went to see a gorgeous waterfall with the kids and they loved it and we also went to a little town called Ennis in Montana and it was well worth the hours drive to get there! From there we went to the Lewis and Clark caves which is only about 30 minutes north of Ennis, but it feels like it's in Canada when you're driving with unruly kids who need a nap, am I right Nina!? We hiked up this mountain trail to the caves which was 300 ft of elevation over .75 miles and we couldn't take any of the babies in strollers so thanks a million to the rest of the fam for taking turns with all the babies so we could rest our arms, and backs for a bit. Once we were in the caves it was about and hour and a half of exploring and we had to go up or down about 600 stairs, slide on our butts in places and duck and crouch down while carrying the little kids through the caves. If we would have known what it all entailed we probably would have opted not to take the little ones in but we're so glad we did because we had such a great time with all of them. I was too busy wrangling in my 3 kids the whole trip to take a lot of pictures and since Jason only likes Nina and Heathers' kids, me and my kids are no where to be found in ANY of the pics from the trip, but I promise we did actually go with the fam!! (just kidding Jason; I know you like Bella too!!) Any ways, since we've been back home me, Debbie, Heather and Jason went up to Park City for a night and went shopping, to dinner and to see Mama Mia! That is such a great movie! I loved the play, but the movie is hilarious! We had so much fun laughing and singing and dancing (well that was mostly me being embarrassing to the group, but oh well!) so thanks for a great time Deb! :) Now I am back home gearing up for school to start in 2 weeks and we've got a lot to do until then. Libbie goes to the eye doctor on Thursday and will hopefully get fitted for contacts and Brooklyn has her next round of tests for her kidneys next Thursday so keep her in your prayers will ya! I'll try to post more often so I don't have a novel next time, but if you made it to the end of this without quitting way to go blogger enthusiast! I am very impressed! Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

The Stephensen's said...

Sounds like a workout!! Tell Jason to step up the picture taking or I'll kick his teeth in!ha ha