Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Well this actually happened almost a month ago, but I forgot about it until Corbin brought it back up today. We were in a fine establishment most of you may know as Wal-Mart, and we were just walking in and passed a family walking out. They were just a 'normal' family of 4; a mom, dad, and 2 boys. The only thing different about them was that they were all about as tall as Corbin. I hope I don't offend anyone with the rest of this story, but it made me laugh too hard not to tell it. So being like any mom with small kids would be, I threw my kids into the cart and booked it right on out of there so that they wouldn't ask questions. Well that didn't work! Corbin was in awe. So he proceeded, for the next 5 to 10 minutes to ask if I saw those "Gibbets" in the store! I explained to him that they are just little people, and Libbie tried to teach him the term "midget" but he just kept blurting out, "Ya, I know, those really short Gibbets!" He has said his share of words wrong and cracked me up, but this one caught me off guard and me and Trent are still laughing about it, so I'm sorry if anyone has a problem with my kid calling every little person he'll ever see a Gibbet!

No comments: